Toilet Water !
Since the new airport security measures came into force after 911 it has been an expensive business getting a drink at the airport. But there are still ways to get free water. The extra security has made queues even longer and this makes you even more thirsty. But read on….there is a really simple and FREE solution, you just need to do a bit of advance planning !
Here is your MeanyGoat plan for getting free water at the airport:
Find yourself an empty water bottle
Rinse the tap and then fill the bottle from the airport toilet
- First of all just get an empty 0.5 litre plastic water bottle and rinse it out thoroughly. In fact you can use any size you like, but this is quite a good size for hand luggage.
- When you leave home fill the bottle with the amount of water you will need until you get to the security check.
- Just before you get to the security check make sure that you drink the remaining water and then store the bottle in your hand luggage.
- Immediately after the security check find the nearest toilet and re-fill your bottle from the cold tap. Good idea to just rinse the tap and bottle first.
- You now have free water that you can use at the airport and on your flight
People might give you a funny look, but who cares. I give people a funny look when they queue up at the airport shop and pay $1 or £1 or 1€ for a 0.33 litre bottle of water that is just the same as the water in the tap !
The waiting room is a really challenge of will power - don't give in!
Airports are a real challenge of will power since you have time to kill and are surrounded by shops full of things to buy. If you think you will need a snack make sure to take a sandwich from home rather than buy the limp white bread triangle in the plastic box. Don’t even think about going into the book shop, you will never read that fascinating book on how to loose weight by dreaming……
Have fun, fly safe and don’t go thirsty !
Print This Post